Creating Our New Reality
The SheJumps Strategic Plan sets a clear vision for the future to be a portal for outdoor play that transforms. The three-year plan positions SheJumps to be a sustainable organization, operationally and environmentally, while increasing accessibility and building a better place for all women and girls to belong. We connect our wellbeing to our connection with nature and movement in where we play and grow from the inside out.
A Letter from SheJumps Executive Director
Our legacy to increase the participation of women and girls in outdoor activities began in 2007 with our first event when 14 women climbed the Grand Teton (the largest group of women to that date). A sentiment of "If she can do it, so can I." has been an anchor point for SheJumps since.
We are at a critical juncture for growth and expansion and our three-year strategic plan sets the roadmap for what is possible in regards to meaningful impact and furthering our mission. Join us as we embark on a fresh journey to spark joy into more communities through outdoor play and overall well being. We aim to specifically continue our work of accessibility to the outdoors and meeting women and girls where they are in terms of skill and ability-giving them the confidence to keep taking those jumps and leaps in life and beyond. Establishing a strong organizational foundation, team, and community will be critical in our ability to succeed.
We Dream. We Jump. We Grow. Together.
Claire Smallwood, Executive Director
Establish a sustainable business model for the future growth of SheJumps.
● Create a culture of philanthropy to increase donor engagement and support.
● Identify new and enhance existing revenue-producing streams that advance the SJ mission and strengthen our long-term financial health.
● Expand the SJ staff equitably with diverse talent to support the continued growth of our organization.
● Invest resources for the personal development, leadership, and training of SJ staff.
● Center equity as we attract, retain, and support a diverse and dedicated volunteer network to deliver on our mission.
● Implement inclusive safety and risk management best practices that support the organization at all levels.
Expand accessibility and inclusivity of SheJumps programs, offerings, and community for girls and women of all backgrounds.
●Track, diversify, and innovate the distribution of programming by type, cost, region, level, contracted experts, partnerships to increase accessibility of offerings.
● Establish progression-style programing to support each participant from beginner level to advanced—helping them expand on their skills,
knowledge, and experience throughout their journey.
● Deliver at least 35% of all SJ offerings to be provided at low to no cost to promote accessibility to knowledge, community, and wellbeing for all.
● Establish and/or strengthen community alliances with organizations serving historically excluded communities to deliver joint programming.
● Enhance communications strategy to incorporate inclusive language across all owned channels and offerings.
Broaden SheJumps scope to include Leadership and Wellness.
● Develop strategic partnerships to help us expand our reach and amplify our impact in leadership development and wellness.
● Develop clear ways to measure, evaluate, and communicate the wellness benefits of our programming.
● Expand leadership development curriculum in programs/offerings.
Strengthen our commitment to environmental stewardship.
● Develop strategic partnerships to help us expand our reach and amplify our
impact in environmental stewardship.
● Establish environmental stewardship commitments that can be implemented throughout SheJumps' content, programming, and initiatives.
The Board's Role
A strategic plan serves as a roadmap and as a tool for assessing progress. Working side-by-side with staff leadership, the board plays an active and substantive role in developing,
approving, and supporting SheJumps’s strategic planning.