Jump into the new year by jumping in the backcountry and shredding with safety and confidence! An AIARE Level One avalanche course is a great way to continue your education and training to keep you safe in the ever-changing variables of the backcountry. Join SheJumps and Mountain Madness January 28 – 29 at evo, Seattle and January 31 – February 1 at Mount Rainier National Park. This course will be at a discounted price for SheJumps!
We have TWO awesome local female instructors! The lead guide is AMGA guide trainer and AIARE avalanche educator Solveig Waterfall. The assistant guide is Laura LeBlanc, an AIARE Level 1 Course Instructor and PSIA Level III Instructor.
This field-based course is a hands-on study of the avalanche phenomenon in the backcountry setting of Mount Rainier. The focus of this course is to increase critical decision-making skills in snow covered terrain in a small group setting. This avalanche course is a mix of two evening classroom sessions at evo and two field work days utilizing up-to-date course materials and effective teaching methods.
AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Course includes:
• Eight hours of classroom and discussion led by Solveig Waterfall, a fully licensed AMGA Mountaineering Guide, at evo on January 28 and January 29 (6 – 9:30pm)
• Sixteen hours in the backcountry of Mount Rainier National Park traveling in a small group through treeline and alpine terrain with AIARE and AMGA trained guides. This will take place on January 31 and February 1.
• Training and practice with beacons and rescue techniques
• Snow pit location, excavation, and analysis
• Observations of avalanche activity, weather, snow pack and slope configurations and how they directly correlate to avalanche potential
• Practice of safer travel techniques and good group decision-making practices
Yoga on Saturday night to stretch out after a long day in the elements!
Would you like to be one of the lucky girls to get a spot in this DISCOUNTED course? See the event on the SheJumps Facebook page for more details on how to sign up and get your deposit in today! There are only 10 spots available.
*Discounted lodging in Ashford, Wa can be booked at the Nisqually Lodge. Call to reserve – although they are rarely full. They do not have their own website.
Ashford Washington: Nisqually Lodge offers $10 off the normal rate for Mountain Madness Customers Address: 31609 Washington 706, Ashford, WA 98304 (360) 569-8804
– To fill out an application click here.
Contact: McKenzie Temple firstname.lastname@example.org